TR ID

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Mariah Carey Recruits Dream Producers For 2013 Album

'American Idol' judge has recruited Hit-Boy, The-Dream and more on her in-the works project.

 

Mariah Carey appears to have the dream producers to work with her on her next album.
The "American Idol" judge told Billboard she's enlisted the help of some of the biggest music makers, including pals like Jermaine Dupri and Bryan-Michael Cox as well as Hit-Boy, The-Dream, Big Jim Wright and Rodney Jerkins.
"It's about making sure I have tons of good music, because at the end of the day, that's the most important thing," the singer explained in the interview, adding that the album will have a "lot more raw ballads than people might expect."


She added, "Wherever we go with this project, I've tried to keep the soul and heart in it, with me obviously as the through-line."
She also plans to work with Q-Tip and DJ Cassidy at some point for this release, but isn't sure her 2012 single with Meek Mill and Rick Ross,"Triumphant," will make the final cut. "I was and still am in a very prolific space," she said. "I could say, 'Let's stop now.' But that's not who I am, and that's not what I want this record to be. I really want the fans to love this record."
She recently told Ryan Seacrest that she wants the album out "ASAP", but she hasn't firmed up any details for this latest release.
And don't think The-Dream will reveal any details. As a guest on "RapFix Live" this week, he remained pretty tight-lipped about his upcoming projects.
"It's so hard because on one hand, I'm really always anxious and excited about new music with everybody that I'm working with. On the other hand, they're always A-List, high-profile, so nobody really wants them to know," he said about the "unwritten rule" to keep quiet about high-profile projects. "So it's hard for me to actually explain what I'm working on, when it's coming."


 

No comments:

Speak Your Mind

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates